Friday, August 11, 2006

Robert Ingersoll Podcast

Ever since S. broke the radio in my car fixing my turn signals and brake lights, I've been listening to various podcasts (on Wolfgang, the iPod Nano, he got me for breaking my stuff, but that's another story).

I've recently discovered an excellent podcast of the works of Robert Green Ingersoll. Click on the title above for a link to information about the podcast -- I've been updating the 'cast through iTunes.

Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899) was one of America's greatest thinkers and orators. He was a Chautauqua Institute lecturer, attracting at one time an audience of 200,000, even though he was referred to as "The Great Agnostic" when most of his audience was not.

The Council for Secular Humanism has some info on him as well as well as Infidels.org

http://www.secularhumanism.org/
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/robert_ingersoll/

Someone once asked RGI what his extensive library had cost him. His answer: "The presidency of the United States."

No comments: