Saturday, October 29, 2005

Got a Letter From Ronnie Earle Today

Got a letter from Ronnie Earle today -- well, from the Victim/Witness Services division of the Travis County Office of the District Attorney. (This would be the same Ronnie Earle of the Tom DeLay criminal investigation.)

It looks like the case against our burglars is progressing:

State of Texas vs. Gary Z.
Charged with: Burglary of Habitation
Cause Number D03052341

The Victim/Witness Service just wanted to let me know that they "know this is a very difficult time for you and we would like to help you in any way we can."

Well, since we recovered most of the stolen items, and it has been a few weeks, and I'm not frightened when I open the door at home any more as well as sleeping better, I probably won't need their help, but it's nice to know that they are offering their services.

I guess it will be too much to expect that the citizens of Austin & Travis County will receive a letter from Victim Services in regards to the DeLay case. Well, what could they do? Give us back our districts?

(Guess posting this means I won't be selected for the jury!)

No comments: